Many big companies such as Google, Nike and Apple have implemented wellness programs that include elements such as mindfulness training due to the well documented benefits.
Since the launch of Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) program at the University of Massachusetts Medical School in 1979, thousands of studies have documented the physical and mental health benefits of mindfulness including:
* Decreased stress
* Enhanced mental health and functioning
* Increased emotion regulation and self-control
* Decreased anxiety, depression, worry, and rumination
* Reduced incidence of problem drinking and symptoms associated with problem drinking
* Improved ability to focus and improved attention
* Improved social and relational skills
* Reduced symptoms of burnout in employees
* A decrease in turnover and turnover intentions at work
* Enhanced job performance
* Enhanced resilience
With all of these benefits it’s no surprise that companies who offer mindfulness training are enjoying lower healthcare costs, reduced absentee days and increased morale. One study at a large company found the estimated gains in productivity alone to be equal to $3000 per employee per year equaling an eleven-to-one return on investment.
It’s all in the science.
Practices like meditation and mindfulness activate the healing branch of the nervous system which helps us access our ability to see the big picture, feel compassion and connect on a human level, to get any tough job done.
Seems like arming your employees with practices that develop mindfulness is a no-brainer, right?
To fire up your business and supercharge your team with science-based support, check out my corporate offerings which include team building workshops + offsites, digital courses and 1-on-1 coaching.
I look forward to helping you fire up your business!